Saturday, January 31, 2009

Windfire's Counsel

Windfire is my best friend. I talk with him about what bothers me. And what bothered me today was knowing, if I could become king of Rivalin, I should not.

All I want is to live without being a legend or a hero to anyone. The people of Boadhagh see me as those things. All I want is to love someone and have her love me back. Is that so much to ask?

I would gladly be a commoner if I could have that girl's love who spurned me because I am of royal blood.

I spoke to Windfire about it as I rubbed him down today. His counsel was to wait and see what happened. All could well change. He said I would make a good king, regardless of how I felt about it. I have never known him to be wrong.

Yet, I still doubt my ability.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novels, Grayrider, new book releases, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites