Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes having a sword which seems to have a mind of its own is terrifying. Deathsong lashes out to kill many times for no reason I can understand. So I have started pointing its tip at an enemy yards away. The long sword seems to understand what I want and a crackling blue-white light emerges to set an Ansgarian soldier aflame.

Still, the blade's power and lust for death took time to grow used to. I am so thankful my father constantly reminded me as a boy of what Deathsong would do when unsheathed. His warnings prepared me for the night I first used it to seek revenge for the murder of my parents and the entire court of Rivalin.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novel, Grayrider, new book release, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites