Friday, January 23, 2009

My Only Hope

Kalen received a message before dawn this morning; another Ansgarian army is invading Boadhagh from further afield. He is sending the Boadhagh cavalry (who we call the Long Riders) to harass and impede the progress of the invaders.

He has asked me to go as well. I have saddled Windfire and will proceed as swiftly as possible to where the varlets are crossing the border. Windfire and I shall reach the enemy long before the Long Riders do. Windfire's speed far outstrips any horse I have ever known.

My only hope is that we can slow down or perhaps stop the enemy until the Long Riders can reach us.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novels, Grayrider, new book releases, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites