Friday, January 9, 2009

Windfire

Windfire, my horse, is unlike any I have ever known. He is highly intelligent and lusts for combat. When battle looms, he breathes fire.

I talked to the old horse handlers at my father's castle about him. They said there was an ancient breed of horse which was the choice of kings. Windfire certainly fits their descriptions of such steeds.

He cannot talk as humans do, yet I can understand what he says when he neighs or whinnies. He seems able to choose who he talks to.

Windfire is my best friend. And I know not why he chose me as his master. But I am very thankful he did. He always listens and has good counsel when I am troubled by something.

And yes, he chose me. I did not acquire him, as many people mistakenly say.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novel, Grayrider, new book release, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites