Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Soldiers of Ansgar

The warriors of the Ansgar Empire are not human. They appear human from a distance, for they have two arms and legs as well as a head. But they are covered with bark. Cutting through their armor and their bark is trying sometimes.

That is why I am most glad I possess my magical sword, Deathsong. The blade will set some of the varlets aflame before Windfire and I ever reach them. And that causes panic among those set afire. It is an advantage that has saved us more than once.

Ansgarians have no fear of battle. Even knowing they face my glowing sword, they attack.

I fear Deathsong's power. But I know not how I could fight the Ansgarians without it.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novel, Grayrider, new book release, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites