Tuesday, February 3, 2009

'Tis Odd

I sat today in the keep of King Airell's castle sharpening Deathsong. Most of the servants around me avoided coming anywhere close. I cannot blame them. But the green glow of the blade makes men nervous to be around it.

I could have ordered the castle smithy to do sharpen it, perhaps. But again, fear of the long sword would have made the edge far less than adequate. 'Tis odd, but I can withdraw Deathsong from its sheath to be sharpened without fear of someone dying. The blade seems to know that it must have such an edge to kill.

'Tis another reason I fear Deathsong. It truly seems to be live and think sometimes.

Bruce Skye, fantasy book, fantasy novels, Grayrider, new book releases, sci fi fantasy, science fiction and fantasy

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites